Sebi spit up his entire morning meals and has been crying pretty heavily all day long. When he did sleep, it was fairly fitful. Mariah read that 6 weeks is when babies are their fussiest, so I hope this is as bad as it gets. It's been that loud crying that makes you irrational. I start resenting the fact that he doesn't appreciate my bouncing technique, then I remember that he's been alive for less time than most movies have been in theaters. The worst part is it seems like all of our tricks for calming him down are effective for only a couple of days, then he catches on. He hates to go to sleep because he doesn't want to miss anything, so when we try something like swaddling him, it is almost as if he gets this look on his face that says "I remember what this is! You'll never take me down!" Our trick for the day has been "going skin-to-skin." It's where you take off his onesie and your shirt and lay him on you. Twice today he went from 60 to 0 in a little under 4 seconds. When the mother does it, it is supposed to help her body sense what types of antibodies he needs and then deliver them to him through the breast milk. It is also good for the father to do it so the baby can feel a closeness to him. At the risk of humiliating myself (at least what I have lost in muscle mass since college I have more than made up for in body fat), here is a few preview pictures of what things are going to be like after church once football season starts. You may also notice a change in Sebi's designer underwear. We have switched to cloth diapers and we are not looking back. The inside is unbelievably soft, so I'm sure he would prefer it to his disposables. However, we have already gone through 6 today and we only have 12. For a kid that's only about 1/20th my size, he sure can generate the laundry loads.




4 comments:
Having just viewed these photos, it is the first time I have thought that the baby looks like Mariah.I love your blog! Chico, you are a talented scribe. Yes, you are. I love to read your remarks as well as view these precious photos! Thank you for taking the time to share these with all of your (Sebi's) fans. :-)
Love the Fuzzi Bunz! We use bumGenius... the cloth diapers are just too cute!
Ahhh, your comments made me chuckle, having just been there ourselves. Have faith that you will get through it. And he'll be flashing you smiles any day now. . . that truly makes it all worth it!
He looks amazingly handsome in his new digs!! I love looking at these pics over & over again. Love Grndma M.
Grandpa Pete says "NICE GUT!"
Post a Comment