Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Shah's and the Moatazedi's

After church today we had lunch with Nirav and Rajeshree Shah and Dave and Dinah Moatazedi. Nirav, Dave, Dinah and I all went to high school together. Dave and Dinah have a little girl named Sienna who is absolutely gorgeous! I apologize but we forgot the camera once again. All I have is one photo of Nirav and Sebi I took with my cell phone. The rest are of Nirav and Rajeshree's wedding in Tennessee almost a year ago (1-2 Jul 06). Mariah and I went with Dave and Dinah and had an absolutely amazing time! Notice Dinah is still pregnant and Mariah is unaware of a decision we will make only a month or so later that will bring you this blog. Enjoy.

Nirav and Sebi:


1 Jul 06
The night before the wedding, there was a huge dinner and then we danced around the pictured centerpiece.

Nirav and Rajeshree

The Jones' and the Shah's

The Moatazedi's and the Shah's

Rajeshree's henna tattoos.

The centerpiece


2 Jul 06
The day of the wedding.

Mr. and Mrs. Shah

Nirav

Dave and I

Nirav being driven up to the ceremony. His side of the family (and friends) accompanied him by dancing alongside of the car to Indian music.

Mariah and Dinah

Nirav's uncle and I

Some ladies

Nirav's grandmother, Ba. She is sadly no longer with us, but at the wedding she was sharp enough to remember me and Dave, my wife whom she had only met once, and my occupation. She lived with Mr. and Mrs. Shah half the year and Dave and I used to see her when we went over to his house in high school (middle school as well for me). She is sorely missed.

Rajeshree walking down the aisle

The marriage ceremony. It was impossible to get better pictures since we were in the back.

Mariah and I at the ceremony

We asked this little girl if we could take her picture and she put her hands on her hips like this to pose. She was so adorable!

Rajeshree's dress at the reception

First dance


Mr. and Mrs. Shah tear it up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pics of our wedding Chico. Thanks so much for including our special day to your blog.
-Rajeshree

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that you shared these photos. They are beautiful! I would love to go to an Indian Wedding! they are a beautiful couple. Wow. Did everyone dance the one where they use sticks (batons)? I saw it in the movie "Bride and Prejudice". I was invited to go to India for one of my client's wedding last Christmas. That would have been amazing. It just wasn't good timing for me.