Friday, June 22, 2007

Ronda, Pouting Lip, and Crazy Hands

Ron Killins, an old friend from the Academy, stopped by today. He was in town for Lil' Kim's wedding. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures. His blog is linked over there on the left, though (six thirty seven). Ronda and I reminisced on all our good times. I forgot, however, to remind him of my favorite story about him. Ron is afraid of roller coasters. One day we went to Disneyland with Josh Fagan and Dan Kaercher. Dan, Josh, and I wanted to go on Space Mt., so we got in line for it and told Ron it was the line for Captain Eo (which is right nest to, but a little behind, Space Mt.). The whole time Ron was very quite. He kept looking around confusedly, shifting his weight from one leg to the other in perplexity, while the rest of us joked around. I could see him keep looking at the Captain Eo sign, then over at the Space Mt. complex. If you've been to Disneyland, you know that the Space Mt. line starts on the ground and then you go through a gate that takes you on an escalator up to the real line. The problem is that there are no escalators back down, so you can't really leave the line at that point without severe humiliation. I was waiting the whole time for him to realize what was going on and get out of line, but I knew if he got on the escalator he couldn't turn back. We finally got up to the gate, and right before we passed through, Ron looked up at the sign, a look of sudden comprehension came over his face, and said "Wait a minute; this isn't Captain Eo!" We all pushed him in, got behind him to cut off his escape, and laughed like crazy. He ended up enjoying it, but he wouldn't believe us when we told him the log ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. Well, the story is a lot funnier if you know Ron. And if somebody else tells it. And if they are telling a different, funnier story.

Anyway, these pictures are hard to come by for two reasons: he moves so much when he is crying and I can't just leave him crying because I want to take pictures of him. I had to get the pouty lip, though. These are bad pictures and I will try to get better ones, but it is absolutely hilarious how he pouts his little lip. His chin also quivers sometimes, which is also very funny.



Babies have no idea that they have appendages below the neck. I'm not sure if they even know about the neck, actually. Anyway, Sebi is constantly jabbing himself in the eye. Here is some video of him brutalizing himself.

2 comments:

J.J. said...

no, it's hilarious! even when i already knew the story, hearing it again is hilarious. ron is such a wuss. :)

Amy said...

Oh, gosh. What a great story! I remember your trips to So Cal. . . remember when I ran into you guys at 6 Flags AND at that night club over spring break. You guys are so fun together. . . and Ron deserved the harassment.

I love that I found your blog. Sebi looks beautiful and you look like you're doing an amazing job as dad!