Unfortunately, things didn't get much better after that. He cried most of the rest of the day. Tonight we watched the fireworks at the pier in San Clemente. We didn't think about the noise, which was outrageously loud, but it didn't seem to bother him. Still, we covered his ears for their protection (we are new parents, remember, and we worry about anything). Towards the end he started balling because he was hungry and Mariah had to feed him while I tried to cover his ears as the grand finale was blazing all around us. Then Mariah had to walk and feed him- a talent with which I was very impressed. Oh, we were there with our soon-to-be neighbors, Mitch, Reiko, and Sera (I believe the name is spelled phonetically to make it easier for Reiko's relatives in Japan, but I love it aesthetically as well). Little Sera is unbelievably cute and we hope she will be Sebi's playmate when he gets a little older (don't worry Lydia, he will remain true to his one, true love...whom he hasn't yet met).
Sera waking up for the fireworks:
Mariah holding Sebi's ears:
Chris, Marilyn, Mariah, Sebi, and I:
Mariah doing her voodoo dance to calm him down:
Mariah feeding and walking alongside of her mom:

1 comment:
I love that nursing cover Mariah has. . . very cool!
And I must say, I was a bit surprised to find that men's bathrooms had changing tables. But, I am very happy that they do. . . it sounds like plenty of Dads (including my baby's!) put them to good use!
Post a Comment