





The 10th we took a train from Munich to Prague and I was very lucky to make it as I was sick for the rest of the trip. When we got into the train station, it was a little nerve-racking to see that not only were we not in a place that didn't have English as its main language, but that the language was not even remotely familiar! Our cab driver saw fit to welcome that apprehension by charging us more than usual. Thanks, buddy. The rest of that day I laid in our bed and felt like crap.
The next day I felt better, so we walked around. Pictured are photos of, on, and from the Charles Bridge. The pictures of the organ are from inside the Church of St. Nicholas (I think that's right). We walked from our room, across the bridge, to the church, then back across the bridge, and home for some "me time." Later on that night we saw Don Giovanni at a very old theater, which was another great experience. I felt like I was in one of Mariah's Jane Austen books because, for the first half, we were sitting in our own box that probably had not changed decor since it was built.
Our final day (the 12th), we did a little more walking around, but as I didn’t get better until we returned and I was given antibiotics, we didn’t do anything crazy. We would have taken more pictures, but at this point we ran out of memory on our camera’s card.

No comments:
Post a Comment