



Ever since we got back from Albuquerque I have been substitute teaching at my former high school and middle school (St Margaret's Episcopal School). Today a good friend and high school classmate of mine, Kristin McDaniel (formerly Helms) invited me to talk to her 1st Grade class about my experience in the Air Force. Apparently one of their ranks already wants to go to the Air Force Academy. I didn't even know what college was back then, much less what a military academy was. I was also shocked that I didn't get the question I always get: "Have you ever killed anyone?!" When I mentioned that, Kristin told me they already had asked her and she had forbidden the question.
For those military guys who have already looked up the regs and want to call me out, I am fully aware that I am not allowed to wear my leather jacket anymore. Don't worry guys, it was a recruiting trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment