Monday, October 15, 2007

The Cookie Container

My favorite pastor (Ravi Zacharias) said that only God is able to fill us with the sense of wonder we had as children. We become accustomed to our lives and lose the sense of mystery in our surroundings and only the infinite can retain it. I don't mean to preach or anything, I just wanted to set the context for an example of how great is a baby's sense of wonder. Sebi was absolutely thrilled with this container of cookies that was sitting on the counter. He was like this for a good ten minutes before I thought to get the camera! It was awesome! I'm not sure if it was the sound it made or the fact that it was translucent, but I wish I felt that way about such simple objects.

By the way, sorry for the heavy breathing. I had my nose re-straightened and I still can't breathe right. It sounds like I have a yeti standing behind me.

No comments: